Practical activities and resources for promoting an understanding that:-
OUR TRUE NATURE IS LOVE AND KINDNESS
GENERALLY WE CAN:-
Assist our children to see that genuine love expresses itself mostly in the form of goodwill and friendliness.
See that our children understand that romantic love is a special form of relationship that also needs selfless care and goodwill to thrive rather than selfish desire.
- Assist adolescent children to develop understandings in the difficult area of sexual relationships. They should not confuse sex and love or feel pressured in any way by partners or peers.
Look for books, songs and movies about: Love, Connectedness, Selflessness, Respect, Friendship, Harmony, Appreciation, Gratitude, Forgiveness.
Here are some suggestions:-
SONGS about Love And Goodwill
- “Shower the people” (…you love with love) -James Taylor. “Things are gonna be much better if you only will.” Video
- “The Rose” -Bette Midler. “I say love, it is a flower, and you its only seed.” Video
- “Video” -India Arie. Loving yourself unconditionally. Video
- “I Am Ready for Love” -India Arie. Ready for mature romantic love. Video
MOVIES about Love And Goodwill
- “Forrest Gump” starring Tom Hanks: innocence, friendship, heroism, love –a simple man living from the heart.
- “Patch Adams” starring Robin Williams: Medical treatment with humour and compassion.
STORIES AND BOOKS about Love And Goodwill